186 = The Church of the Holy Sepulchre
The Church of Resurrection
The most holy and historic church for the Christians on earth.The church stands over the Golgotha,the place of the crucifixion and the tomb where the body of Christ was laid.The church was constucted first in 324 in the time of Emperor Constantine.following the pilgrimage of his mother Helena to the Holy Land.The church built by Helena was destroyed by the Persians in 614.The place was rebuilt by Abbot Modestos but it was destroyed again in 1009 by the Khalif Makem in 1084.the church was restored by the conquest of Jerusalem.
Today in the Basilica there are six communities with certain rights, the six communities are(1) the Latins (2) the Greek Orthodox (3) The Armenians (4) The Syrian 'Jacobites"(5) the Coptics and (6) the Abyssinians.
187 = The Chapel of Calvary in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.In the center the Alted of our Lady of Sorrows.
The Rock fo Anointing
The Stone of Unction
It's a piece of polished red rock 5,70m in length,1.30, in width,and 30cm in height,it stands on the entrance of the Basilica where once stood an oratory of the anointing of the lifeless body of Christ by Nicodemus.
188 = Above the red stone there are eight lamps.
It is a large rock rising out of the ground,called also Golgotha,in Hebrew it means the the place of the skull.
Today there are two chapels at the top of the Calvary,one belongs to the Greek Orthodox,and it is believed to be the site of the Crucifixion.The second where Jesus was stripped of his garments and nailed to the cross and belongs to the Roman Catholies.
And when they were come to the place,which is called Calvary (The skull) there they crucified him and the malefactors,one on the right hand,and the other on the left.
189 = Calvary - Altar of the Cross - Twelfth Station.Left.
Calvary - Altar of the Crucifixion - Eleventh Station.Right.
190 = The Tomb - The Holy Sepulchre
Today the tomb is all of the last century.It has a narrow entrance,1.33m high the entrance leads to the Holy Sepulchre which is 2.70m in length,1.93m in width.The burial palce is marked by a marble stone,the original rock is hidden beneath the marble covering.
191 = The Tomb of the Holy Sepulchre - Interior